A47 Blofield to Postwick: resurfacing
Further to our previous email notifying you of roadworks that may affect you, I write you inform you of a change to the works programme. This change relates to constructions dates of Phases 3 and 4 only, details below.
Phase 1: A47 westbound Blofield to Cucumber Lane roundabout, starting Thursday 6 August to Friday 7 August (2 nights) (No Change)
- Westbound traffic will be diverted via Blofield and follow Yarmouth Road before re-joining the A47 at the Cucumber Lane roundabout.
Part 1- A47 eastbound between Cucumber Lane and Blofield, starting Thursday 6 August to Friday 7 August (2 nights) (No Change)
- Eastbound traffic will be diverted via the A47 through Postwick and along the A1270 up to Salhouse Road roundabout. Then follow the Salhouse Road /B1140 to Chameryhall Lane, onto Newport Road and South Walsham Road before re-joining the A47.
Part 2- A47 eastbound between Cucumber Lane and Blofield, lane 1 closure only with the Blofield exit slip closed, starting Monday 10 August to Friday 14 August (5 nights) (No change)
- Traffic wanting to leave the A47 at Blofield will be advised to use either the Postwick or Burlingham Green junction. Advanced warning signs will be displayed to notify road users about this closure.
Phase 4: A47 westbound entry and exit slip roads at Postwick, starting Monday 10 August to Tuesday 11 August (2 nights)
- Westbound traffic wanting to leave the A47 at Postwick will be diverted to Trowse Newton and then return on the A47 eastbound towards Postwick.
- Westbound traffic wanting to join the A47 at Postwick will be diverted via A47 eastbound to Cucumber Lane roundabout and then return on the A47 westbound.
Phase 3: A47 westbound between Cucumber Lane and Postwick, starting Wednesday 12 August to Thursday 13 August (2 nights)
- Westbound traffic will be diverted via the A47 to Beccles, onto the A143 until Gillingham, then onto the A146, before re-joining the A47 at Trowse Newton. (Diagram 3)
- Advanced warning signs will be displayed in Great Yarmouth and Acle to notify road users about this closure.
Find out more
To stay informed about all the latest major roadworks happening near you, visit www.gov.uk/government/organisations/highways-england to register for the latest alerts. If you have any enquiries please contact the Highways England Customer Contact Centre on 0300 123 5000, or by e-mail to email@example.com.
Senior Adminstrator, Scheme Delivery Team