Eligible families are entitled to 15 hours of funded early education and childcare per week, for 38 weeks of the year. Early education and childcare will offer your child an opportunity to learn through play and new experiences, alongside other children. These learning experiences will enable your child to build on what they already know and do with you at home.
• You do not have to use all the 15 funded hours each week
• Some early education and childcare providers can spread the funded hours across the year
• Not all providers are able to offer 15 funded hours
• You can choose to take your funded hours between more than one provider
To receive the funded entitlement, you must complete the following steps:
1. Check if you are eligible
2. Find a childcare provider
3. Your childcare provider will complete the parent/carer claim form with you
If you need help with the application and claim process, or need help to find a childcare provider, speak to your local Children’s Centre staff, contact Family Information or speak to an early education and childcare provider.
Further information on funded childcare can be found on the Childcare Choices website.