The Parish Clerk, Brian Ansell, has informed the Parish Council that he will retire at the end of December, by which time he will have been the Clerk for 18 years. His last Parish Council meeting will be on 26 November and the event will be marked with a vote of thanks and a presentation to Brian in recognition of his long service. Chair of the Council, Keith Wheeldon, said “Much has changed during the time that Brian has been Clerk, and the Council is very grateful to him for all that he has done for the parish over his long period in the post.”
The search for a replacement has already started. The job is part-time and home-based with flexible hours, except for Parish Council meetings which take place in the evening once every two months. The main tasks include:
- organising, publicising and attending Parish Council Meetings;
- preparation and publication of agendas and minutes of meetings;
- liaison with district and county councillors, other organisations and the public;
- managing Parish Council finances;
- keeping Councillors up-to-date with legislation and advising on policy matters;
- keeping Councillors informed of correspondence received between meetings;
- maintaining and updating the Council’s website.
The Council will supply suitable IT equipment. If you are interested in the job please email email@example.com for further details. The closing date for applications is 15 October 2018.